Cappuccino Cake Recipe
May 22, 2021
What You’ll Need
- 250g pack butter [softened]
- 250g light soft brown sugar plus 2-3 tbsp
- 300g self-raising flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 200ml strong coffee [we used an Aeropress for ours], cooled
- 500g tub mascarpone
- 2 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- cocoa powder, drinking chocolate or grated chocolate to decorate
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Butter 2 x 20cm sandwich tins and line the bottoms with greaseproof paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together with electric beaters until pale and creamy.
- Add the flour and eggs in one go and keep beating until evenly mixed.
- Fold in half of the coffee [100ml].
- Spoon the mix into the prepared tins and bake for 25-30 mins or until golden and well risen.
- Leave the cakes in their tins for 5 mins before turning onto a wire rack.
- Sweeten the remaining coffee with the extra sugar and sprinkle 4 tbsp over the sponges.
- Leave to cool completely.
- While the cakes cool, it’s time to make the frosting!
- Tip the mascarpone into a large bowl and beat in the sugar and remaining coffee with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Do not use an electric mixer for mixing the mascarpone as it will turn very quickly to liquid(We learned this the hard way!)
- Use about half of the frosting to sandwich the sponges together then, using a palette or cutlery knife, spread the rest of the frosting over the top of the cake.
- Decorate with a dusting of cocoa powder or drinking hot chocolate or grated chocolate [works best from the fridge]. If you’re making this cake to eat at home, it will keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.
BEST SELLING COFFEE
We’re passionate about the craft of roasting coffee beans by tasting and nurturing flavours that can be captured for our quality coffees! If you would like to order something that isn’t listed please get in touch.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Information on where to find us, or if you would like to reach out to us with any questions.