Apr 17, 2021
The next exciting instalment of Flo’s coffee related recipes is one she picked up at the very first market we did at Nairn 5 years ago.
The food demonstations in the big tent were being made with local produce which were also being sold at the market. We supplied the coffee for making these amazing wee mocha muffins.
- 180c (160c fan) 350f Gas 4
Blend Dry Ingredients Together
- 85g Self Raising flour
- 15g cocoa powder
- ½ tspn bicarb soda
- 60g caster sugar
Mix Wet Ingredients together
- 60mls sunflower oil
- 30mls milk
- 30mls espresso coffee
- 40g golden syrup or pure honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- Add the wet Ingredients to dry Ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon. Don’t over mix.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the 12 small muffin cases it’s much easier than spooning the mix in.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes – until risen and firm
- Cool on a wire rack
Top with cappuccino frosting –
- Beat together 60g cream cheese and 30g crème fraiche until smooth consistency.
- Gradually beat in 325g of icing sugar a little at a time until the frosting is of stiff consistency.
- Add espresso coffee to icing that suits your taste beating well.
- Sprinkle with chocolate vermicelli
BEST SELLING COFFEE
We’re passionate about the craft of roasting coffee beans by tasting and nurturing flavours that can be captured for our quality coffees! If you would like to order something that isn’t listed please get in touch.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Information on where to find us, or if you would like to reach out to us with any questions.